31 January 2021 - 14 February 2021 4:00 - 6:00 PM EST
Insights into Inclusive Dance (Webinar)
This practical and theoretical workshop will provide the skills and tools essential for producing inclusive dance practices and understanding of how to interact in a dance learning environment for children and youth groups with intellectual and developmental disorders.
The webinar will be held over three consecutive Sundays:
January 31 | 4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
February 7 | 4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
February 14 | 4:00 – 6:00 PM EST
- Provide teachers with the appropriate content and strategies to incorporate special needs students in a dance classroom.
- Discuss teacher role and the importance of establishing clear expectations and goals.
- Explore ways to create an inclusive climate in a dance classroom and work one on one with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Illustrate how to plan an inclusion dance program for dance institutions with appropriate progression.
- Have a deeper understanding of the difference between disabilities such as Autism, Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Disorders, Asperger’s, Down Syndrome, and other physical conditions.
- Construct an artistic group evaluation to establish a dance lesson.
- Create and incorporate dance activities and creative movements in an inclusive atmosphere.
- Gain analytical skills, techniques and resources to incorporate special needs students in a dance lesson.
- Obtain knowledge and understanding on how to adapt or modify dance choreographies for verbal and non-verbal students.
Irma Becker is a RAD Registered Teacher and Silver Swans Tutor and holds a Bachelor’s in Human Communication (Special Education) with Dance Therapist Certification. She founded and directed a special needs dance group in Mexico City for 19 years, where some of her students with Down Syndrome and Asperger’s finished the RAD syllabus Graded examinations. In 2017, Irma moved to Miami and was invited to join Area Stage Company as Inclusion Theatre Project Coordinator (ITP), Conservatory choreographer and dance instructor. Irma is also opening the Inclusive Ballet Project to promote inclusive culture. She was nominated for the Royal Academy of Dance’s Community Engagement Dance Teacher Award.
The following are required to attend the webinar:
- A computer with internet connection
6 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
For details on how your information is processed, please see the CPD Privacy Notice. Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
The webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Zoom’s privacy notice is available here.
Teachers located outside of the US should email firstname.lastname@example.org to express their interest in registering.Book Now
|4:00 - 6:00 PM EST||Members: $120 |