Become a Teacher
We have a worldwide network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD, gain recognition when you join our professional community.
Registered Teacher Benefits
Become an RAD Teacher for $216.
Teachers should hold one of the following university-validated or RAD awards:
Current Offered Programs:
- Master of Arts in Education (Dance Teaching)
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma of Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies
- Certificate in Dance Teaching (Ballet) from 2024
- Pathway to Registered Teacher Status
- RAD Access Route with an approved degree from an RAD partnership institution
*Graduates from these programs must have successfully taken option module BDE505 in a ballet context.
Previously Offered Programs:
- BA (Hons) Classical Ballet Teaching
- BA (Hons) Art and Teaching of Ballet
- RAD Teaching Diploma
- RAD Teaching Certificate
- BA (Hons) Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Diploma of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education commenced prior to academic year 2020/21 with successful RTS Portfolio**
**The RTS portfolio is no longer offered. For those who commenced their studies in the academic year 2017/18 or before the portfolio was eligible for submission within five years of graduation. For those who commenced their studies in academic year 2018/19 and 2019/20 the portfolio was eligible for submission within their period of registration.
RAD Teacher (Inactive)
If your circumstances have changed, but you still want to stay connected as a teaching member, our new RAD Teacher category could be more suitable for you.
RAD Safeguarding Requirements
The RAD are committed to putting the wellbeing of students, teachers and staff first, and to ensuring that children, young people, and vulnerable or at risk adults are protected from harm.
By joining the RAD as a Registered Teacher, you are committing to meet the following safeguarding requirements at the point of application and at the point of renewal:
- Obtain a criminal record check
- Self-declare any criminal convictions to the RAD
- Participate in annual safeguarding training as part of your CPD hours
These requirements are integrated into the CPD scheme and you will be asked to make your declaration upon application as a new or reinstating RAD Registered Teacher. As part of the membership renewal process, Registered Teachers are required to declare their safeguarding requirement in the Members’ Area. Don’t worry if you have not met these requirements, we will support you. See our FAQs to find out how.