Become a Teacher
We have a worldwide network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD, gain recognition when you join our professional community.
Registered Teacher Benefits
Become an RAD Teacher for $212.
Teachers should hold one of the following university-validated or RAD awards:
Current Offered Programs:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma in Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma in Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- MA in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching with QTS (PGCE:DT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters program)*
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters program)*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- RAD Access Route
Previously Offered Programs:
- Teaching Certificate Program (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Program (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a teaching portfolio.
**Terms and conditions apply.
If your circumstances have changed, but you still want to stay connected as a teaching member, our new RAD Teacher category could be more suitable for you.
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional fee.
All RAD Registered Teachers must adhere to the Code of Conduct, Code of Professional Practice for Teachers, and the Supplemental Charter & Bye-Laws.
Membership Terms and Conditions