Become a Teacher
We have a worldwide network of approximately 8,000 teachers registered with the RAD, gain recognition when you join our professional community.
Registered Teacher Benefits
Online and Print
Become an RAD Teacher for $204.
Teachers should hold one of the following university-validated or RAD awards:
Current Offered Programs:
- BA (Hons) Ballet Education
- BA (Hons) Dance Education*
- Diploma in Higher Education: Ballet Education
- Diploma in Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Diploma in Dance Teaching Studies (DDTS)
- Certificate of Higher Education: Dance Education*
- Certificate of Higher Education: Ballet Education*
- Certificate in Ballet Teaching Studies (CBTS)
- Professional Dancers’ Teaching Diploma (PDTD)
- MA in Education (Dance Teaching)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching with QTS (PGCE:DT)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters program)*
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education: Dance Teaching (exit award from Masters program)*
- Professional Dancers’ Postgraduate Teaching Certificate (PDPTC)
- Licentiate of the Royal Academy of Dance (LRAD)
- RAD Access Route
Previously Offered Programs:
- Teaching Certificate Program (TCP)
- Teaching Diploma Program (TD)
- BA (Hons) in the Art and Teaching of Ballet
*Eligible for RTS upon successful completion of a teaching portfolio.
**Terms and conditions apply.
Teachers reinstating their memberships will be charged an additional fee.