Silver Swans Licensee Workshop
The RAD’s Silver Swans initiative is an exciting business opportunity for experienced ballet teachers to expand their expertise and tap into the growing adult dance market.
Silver Swans ballet classes are aimed at over 55s and are delivered by qualified, licensed, dance professionals. They have been developed in response to a growing mature market, drawing on the RAD’s own research into the benefits of dance for older learners.
There are now over 900 Silver Swans Licensees across the UK, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Mexico and Canada teaching Silver Swans branded ballet classes.
In order to become a Silver Swans Licensee, you must take part in one of our Silver Swans Licensee Workshops. Following successful completion of the workshop, RAD Registered Teachers are eligible to become a Silver Swans Licensee. All other participants will be eligible to become a Silver Swans Licensee pending approval by the workshop tutor.
What will a Silver Swans Licensee Workshop consist of?
Our workshops will introduce experienced ballet teachers to Silver Swans, with a focus on devising and delivering safe and inclusive ballet classes for older learners, and strategies which engage students with diverse experiences and abilities. The workshop aims to provide practical experience of effective ballet teaching strategies for a group of mixed ability older learners. On completion, you will have:
- an understanding of Silver Swans and the responsibilities and expectations of license holders
- an awareness of a range of ballet teaching strategies and the benefits of these strategies in relation to the Silver Swans
- a greater understanding of how to safely modify and deliver ballet repertoire for older learners
- a knowledge and understanding of appropriate progression, differentiation and integration considerations for adults of mixed ability
Benefits of the License
Following successful completion of the Licensee Workshop session, you will become a Silver Swans Licensee. This entitles you to:
- deliver Silver Swans branded ballet classes
- use the Silver Swans Licensee logo
- have access to the marketing toolkit where you will find a range of resources to help you promote your classes
- have your contact details listed on our global map
- buy Silver Swans dancewear at a discount
What will a Silver Swans Licensee Workshop cost me?
The one-day workshop will cost you:
- RAD Registered Teacher: $157
- RAD Member Plus and RAD Member: $157
- Non-Member: $188
Silver Swans Licensees are required to renew their license annually, no later than the renewal date, to remain a Silver Swans Licensee. You will be invoiced by our Membership team within 30 days of completing the Silver Swans® Licensee Workshop for the cost of the annual license fee as follows:
- RAD Registered Teachers receive a 100% discount on the license fee and will therefore pay no fee for the year.
- RAD Member Plus and RAD Members receive a 50% discount on the license fee and will be invoiced $94 for the year.
- Non-Members pay the full license fee and will be invoiced $188 for the year.
2020 Silver Swans® Licensee Workshop Sessions
Please visit the CPD Activities page to see a schedule of the US 2020 Silver Swans Licensee Workshop sessions.
Adding your Silver Swans classes to the Silver Swans Global Map
All current Silver Swans Licensees can be found on our global map. If you are a teacher and your details do not appear on the map, or you would like to update them, please complete this form.
Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct