18 February 2024 10:00am - 1:00pm CST
Introduction to Feldenkrais: An Awareness-Oriented Teaching Approach
This interactive webinar will provide insight into the experience of using the Feldenkrais Method to support the learning and development processes of adolescent dancers, particularly its impact on their motivation and self-regulation, as well as their awareness and engagement. Somatic practices, such as the Feldenkrais Method, offer a way to connect physical movement to the whole human being, as they engage cognitive, emotional and physical processes and allow individuals to show openness for new experiences.
The aim of this interactive webinar is to introduce participants to the Feldenkrais Method and provide a practical experience in this somatic method.
On completion of the interactive webinar, participants will:
- Have explored the Feldenkrais Method and its focus on awareness
- Have an understanding from the underlying scientific approaches of learning, motivation and self-regulation
- Have considered the impact of the developmental stage of adolescence and its influence on dance education
- Have developed skills to enhance motivational and self-regulation processes in your dance class
- Have developed skills and strategies for personal and professional self-reflection
Dancer, dance teacher and practicing Feldenkrais teacher Claudia Mölders has been teaching in her own ballet school for over 30 years. A dance scholar (University of Bern & Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance London), she is trained in classical ballet, Pilates and the Feldenkrais Method. As a former professional dancer, she now follows a contemporary, holistic approach to teaching with her students and publishes in peer reviewed journals.
Online on Zoom*
3 hours Time-Valued CPD
Members of the Royal Academy of Dance receive discounts on all CPD activities.
Terms and Conditions
The online workshop will be hosted on Zoom. Zoom’s privacy notice is available here.
*A recording of the course will not be available.Book Now
|10:00am - 1:00pm CST||Member: $63 |